7 Best Alarm Clocks In 2018 For Heavy Sleepers To Wake Up Instantly
Do you find getting up in the morning an extremely difficult task to do?
Finding the right type of alarm clock for you is the key.
In this ultimate buying guide, we've included only the best alarm clocks in 2018 for heavy sleepers. You can find their individual reviews in the later part of the section.
So how do you wake up not feeling groggy but energetic? Read on.
TOP RATED ALARM CLOCKS
Best Alarm Clocks Reviews 2018
Without further adieu, here are our simple reviews of some of the best alarm clocks out there. This is going to be an excellent introduction for you in checking out the market of alarm clocks and seeing what kinds and features fit you best.
The Electrohome EAAC601 Projection alarm clock is a great middle tier alarm clock that covers all the bases when it comes to waking you up in the morning. It has a cool LED display that you can adjust the brightness of, and that display can also show you the temperature of the room, which is a nice little bonus.
The cool thing about this particular clock is that it has a built-in projector so that it can display the time on the wall or even your ceiling so that you don't even have to worry about rolling over or straining your eyes to see what time it is.
- Awesome projection feature
- Shows the time as well as the temperature
- Adjustable brightness LED display
- Aux input to connect your smartphone or MP3 player
- The LED is really bright. So if you like sleeping in the dark, this might not be the best choice
- Speakers aren't that great and tend to distort music and sound
The Homtime Multi-function Alarm Clock is another cool, compact alarm clock that could be the latest addition to your wake-up routine. This alarm clock also features an LCD with 4 different levels of dimming, so that you can adjust the backlight to your personal preference. This particular alarm clock has USB ports on the front so that you can charge your smartphone, via your alarm clock.
Here are some of the notes that we have on what we liked and didn't about the Hometime Multi-function Alarm Clock.
- Clean, compact LED display
- Gradual alarm system that wakes you up with minimal disruption
- USB ports on the front with built in surge protection so that you can charge your devices straight from your alarm clock
- AC charger and triple A battery port for backup power in case you lose power overnight
- Indoor thermostat so that you always know what temperature it is in your room
- No AM/FM selector
- The gradual alarm is really loud
The Philips HF3520 Wake-Up Light With Colored Sunrise Simulation is the most advanced and priciest alarm clock that we are going to take a look at today. Remember what we said about clocks that can simulate the sunrise to ease you awake? That's this one!
Here are some of the notes that we had about this Philips alarm clock.
- The fact that this alarm clock wakes you up gradually with natural light is superb
- Option of 5 different natural sound that will make you up smoothly
- FM radio
- Cool to the touch, with no backup or replacement light needed
- The wakeup sounds are okay, but not congruent with the pricing of this alarm clock
- This clock is a little hard to program, and the instructions aren't that great
This alarm clock by Marathon is the first portable travel alarm clock that we are going to take a look at. It has a compact, easy-folding design so that you can easily sneak this alarm clock into your luggage, carry on, or even into your pocket.
- Compact, sleek design so that you can take it anywhere
- It comes with a built-in stand and an 180-degree rotational clock face that swivels on the stand
- Snooze function- 12 or 24-hour display modes
- Displays room temperature in both Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Buttons on the clock can be hit even when the alarm clock is folded up
- Short battery life
The Sony ICFC1 is another cool alarm clock that is on the lower end of the pricing range. It has a cool, simple, compact design that will seamlessly fit in with the decor of your bedroom.
- Gradual wake-up alarm
- AC power with backup battery source for power outages
- Adjustable brightness control
- Cool LED display
- AM/FM radio
- Alarm isn't that loud
- No temperature display, which is what other alarms in the same price range offer
The RCA Digital Alarm Clock is by far the most basic, and therefore most reasonably priced, of all of the alarm clocks that we are taking a look at. If you are that person that just needs that bare-bones alarm clock to get you out of bed in the morning without all of the bells and whistles, this is going to be a great alarm clock for you.
- Large 1.4-inch display
- Super reasonably priced
- Basic, easy to use design
- Reliable and unobtrusive
- No USB ports or smartphone integration
- Loud blaring alarm
The Sonic Alert Loud Dual Alarm Clock is going to be the last stop on our alarm clock journey. The one thing that we liked most about this alarm clock was its unique vibrating feature that shakes your bed to wake you up in the morning.
- Super loud alarm with tone and volume control
- A powerful 12-volt vibrating feature that shakes the bed to wake you up, which is unique and innovative
- 5 level dimmer to adjust the brightness of the display
- 12 and 24 hour time capabilities
- You can only set time in slow forward or fast forward, and there is no backup time button
- Only two alarm sets on the clock, which you cannot set independently for either vibrate or alarm.
The Benefits of Alarm Clocks
The blaring alarm clock in the morning can often be one of the most disruptive and annoying reminders that you get throughout your entire day. After a hard day at work and a long, hard night's sleep, the last thing that you want to wake up to is the blasting of a violent alarm reminding you that you have to wake up and do it all over again.
Have you ever thought about how much good alarm clocks actually do in your life?
As often as we like to hate on alarm clocks, there are so many benefits to using them.
Our bodies operate best when they have a routine to run off of and what better way to set a timely routine than an alarm clock. Unfortunately, before you even step out of bed in the morning, the clock is already running.
Chances are, having an alarm clock in your room or near your bed is the one thing that makes sure that you wake up when you need to in the morning. It is your first accountability system in making sure that you get up and get to work on time.
Above all, keeping a consistent sleep and wake pattern is the best thing that you can do for your health when it comes to sleeping. When you start giving yourself a strict bedtime and wake up at the same time for long enough, you are programming your body and getting it into a schedule so that it can get the optimum amount of rest.
In a perfect world, it would be so nice not to have to use an alarm clock and to be able to wake up naturally without some stirring noise to get us up and out of bed. That alarm in the morning, though, sets our day up for success. It lets us know when we have to get up to get ready for work in the morning and knowing when it is going to go off forces us to get ready for bed at a reasonable hour.
After knowing how beneficial alarm clocks are for your schedule and your health, let's look at the best alarm clocks out there to help you.
Factors to Consider When Choosing an Alarm Clock
We recommend that the first thing that you want to do before setting out to shop for the perfect alarm clock for you is to set a price range for yourself that you are willing to spend within. At very least, you want to have an ideal range for what you would be willing to spend on an alarm clock.
You may find out later the features that you like in an alarm clock may make your choice less or more expensive, but it is always good to have an idea of what you're willing to spend before alarm clock shopping.
You may be thinking, "how much money can you spend on an alarm anyway?" Well, the answer to that might surprise you.
If you are looking to buy your basic alarm clock with a simple light-up display, you are going to be looking in the $10-$20 range.
However, if you are looking for a fun, high-tier alarm clock with all of the fun whistles and bells that you may want to rouse you from bed in the morning, you can spend well over $100 on an alarm clock. So we recommend taking this into consideration before and during the times that you are shopping for the perfect alarm clock for you.
This may sound like a funny question, but where is your alarm clock going to go?
- A bedside table?
- Your dresser?
- On your desk?
- On the floor?
Thinking about the placement of your alarm clock is something that is important to consider, though it may seem odd.
Some of us need to make sure that our alarm is right next to the bed where we can hear it and hit the snooze button if need to. Others need to set their alarm clock on the other side of the room from their bed so that they don't risk shutting off their alarm in their sleep, and totally missing their wake-up call.
Alarm clocks have all kinds of features now that can make them better to set in some places than others, so make sure that you think about where your alarm clock is going to go before you commit to buying one.
3. Added Features
You are going to be blown away by the number of wild features and functionalities that alarm clocks have today. We would normally think that an alarm clock is pretty simple, and therefore only has a limited amount of features and components that it could have. You need
- The clock itself, the display, and an AM/PM indicator
- An alarm setting
- A snooze button
- Buttons to change the time on the alarm clock
- Batteries or an AC cable to charge or power your alarm clock
That's pretty much it, right? Not quite. Alarm clocks are becoming stocked with some wild and fun features that make them not only a lot more enjoyable to use but also a lot more calming and less disruptive when it concerns getting you out of bed in the morning.
Here are just a few examples of what companies are doing with alarm clocks today.
- Bluetooth connection to your smartphone with speakers so that you can use your music to wake you up
- Smartphone and MP3 player charge docks and transmitters
- 180 degree swivel projection displays that project the time above your alarm clock
- Vibrating mechanisms that shake your bed when your alarm goes off
- Alarm clocks that adjust in volume and intensity to slowly bring you out of deep sleep, and wake you up gradually so that you don't feel as groggy when you wake up
- Gradual sunlight simulation features that use soft lighting to simulate the sun coming up in the morning, which will ease you out of deep sleep gradually, leading up to the point at which your alarm will sound
Isn't that wild? There is an abundance of options out there that helps you to get better sleep and make waking up more pleasant.
4. What do you Need to Get out of Bed in the Morning
This might be the most important question that you can ask yourself when shopping for the perfect alarm clock: what do you want and what do you need to get you out of bed in the morning? What will help you set your wake and sleep schedule the best, and what will make waking up easiest and most enjoyable for you in the morning.
Because all of us are different.
For some of us, all we need is your basic LED display alarm clock, a single alarm, and a backup power source in case the power goes out in your house. If you tend to be more of a night owl and every morning it is a struggle to get out of bed, you may want or need some additional features to make waking up in the morning easier and more enjoyable.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to your needs and your personal preference. We have taken a look at some of the best alarm clocks so that you can check out the options that are available, and make the right choice for your schedule and needs.
Out of all of the best alarm clocks with impressive features, there is one in particular that seemed to rise to the top.
For the price and the features that it offers, we were partial to the Homtime Function Alarm Clock.
For what it offers regarding features, you can't beat the price. We loved the temperature integrated on display along with the USB chargers built into the alarm clock. That's purely our assessment concerning getting the best value for the features.
In the end, though, you should get the alarm clock that works for you and suits your needs and your schedule the best.