The 5 Best Bedtime Teas For Sleep In 2017 To Help You Kill Insomnia
Out of every aspect of your health, the pillar of all of it can be summed up to sleep. Of course, you need food, water, and shelter to exist, but if you go some days without sleeping at all, you will be risking your life.
If you struggle to fall asleep at night, you know how frustrating it can be. It can be almost impossible to get yourself into the habit of having a healthy and regular sleep schedule.
Around one in three people experience some form of insomnia, and struggling with insomnia can completely drag you down and make life miserable.
So what are some natural and helpful ways that you can go about treating your insomnia? The best bedtime teas in 2017 can help.
TOP RATED TEAS FOR SLEEP
Benefits of Teas For Sleep
Tea contains helpful scents and compounds that will help you sleep soundly at night. Sleepy time teas of nighttime teas typically use calming flavors and fragrances like
- Lemon balm
- Orange blossoms
to relax the mind and relax the body.
The reason that tea is so effective for lulling yourself to sleep is that many of the elements mentioned above contain some of the same compounds that are used in supplements that help you sleep.
The only thing that we have found in researching tea for better sleep is that there is a lack of concrete evidence that proves that drinking tea before bedtime can help you sleep. Though, there is a decent amount of evidence that some of the compounds in the teas that you are drinking in that have been shown to help people relax and reduce stress.
The main thing that you need to consider if you are suffering from insomnia or if you have any trouble sleeping is that drinking a soothing caffeine-free tea before bed definitely can't hurt anything.
Even just having the routine of having a nightly cup of tea before bed can better condition your body to get ready to relax and wind down for bed.
Best Teas For Sleeping Reviews 2017
This relaxing bedtime tea from Yogi is a great way to set yourself up for an evening of relaxation before bedtime. This particular tea appears to be sold in bundles of six boxes, of which each contains 16 tea bags.
This particular tea uses a combination of herbs that have been used for thousands of years to promote relaxation, de-stressing, and getting a good night's sleep.
The valerian and chamomile in this tea will help ease you out of your stressed state by reducing the amount of nervousness and restlessness that you are feeling in the evenings.
The passionflower in this tea is also used to reduce stress and support better quality sleep. The licorice, cardamom, and cinnamon bring a gentle, soothing warmth to the tea that will help you relax. This tea is also naturally caffeine free, so you don't have to worry about negating the positive calming effects of this delicious night time tea.
- Contains a blend of herbs that have been used for thousands of years to promote quality sleep and stress reduction.
- Isn't that expensive, coming in bundles of 96 tea bags for a fairly low price
- Contain valerian and chamomile which help to naturally relax the body and mind, as well as assist with stress reduction
- Contains passionflower to assist further with stress reduction, reduce nervousness before bedtime and promote better quality sleep
- The warmth of the cinnamon, licorice, and cardamom add familiar and flavorful notes to your tea so that you can relax while you enjoy sipping it
- Customers cite this as helping improve their insomnia and quality of sleep
- The tea is strong and sometimes have bitter flavor, so if you like a sweeter tea, this may not be suitable for you.
Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herbal Tea is one of the classics regarding nighttime relaxation, stress reduction, and improved sleep quality.
It uses the original calming tea blend of lemongrass, spearmint, and chamomile, which have all shown to help reduce stress, and put you at ease for a good night's sleep. This tea is totally and naturally caffeine-free, so that you don't have to worry about having a jolt of energy that is going to keep you up all night.
Another thing that we like about this tea is that it contains no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. This is an environmentally conscious company because they have responsible packaging that includes recycled boxes, and stringless tea bags to help reduce the amount of waste that they are creating.
This tea could be considered a bulk purchase because it comes with 6 boxes and there are 40 tea bags in every box.
- Uses a calming blend of spearmint, chamomile, and lemongrass which will help you relax and ease into sound sleep
- This tea has no artificial flavors, colors, or sweetener
- The company is environmentally conscious so that there is no waste of materials that goes into the tea or the packaging
- Bulk purchasing that allows you to buy 240 bags of tea at once, for a low price
- The tea bags might break and the tea will float freely into the water of your cup or mug
- Tea bags do not have a string, so you are going to need to use a spoon for the tea bag
Twinings Nightly Calm tea also comes in a massive package of 6 boxes total, with 20 tea bags per box. This calming and relaxing evening tea also includes a combination of soothing spearmint, chamomile, and lemongrass.
This tea also includes a relaxing blend of: Linden, Orange leaves, Orange blossom, Lemon myrtle- Rosebuds and Hawthorn berries.
Nightly Calm is easy to brew in a single cup or a whole pot, and provides a soothing combination of herbs that will help you reduce stress, nervousness, and lull you to sleep.
- This tea includes a lovely and intoxicating combination of spearmint, lemongrass, and chamomile
- You get 120 tea bags with one order, which is a great value for the price that you are getting on this tea
- The combination of additional elements of rosebuds, orange leaves, orange blossoms, etc. add warm notes to the tea to help you relax and refresh
- Naturally caffeine free, so it won't keep you up at night
- Contains 100% natural ingredients
- It is individually wrapped in bags to preserve the freshness of the tea, but the extra use of paper is wasteful
Sweet Dreams by Bigelow is another classic herb tea that is sure to help you relax and calm your mind.
This also comes in a 6 pack of boxes that hold 20 bags in each box, for a whopping total of 120 tea bags. This tea includes a nice blend of herbs and spices including spearmint, rose blossoms, chamomile, and orange blossoms.
It is naturally caffeine free and is made with 100% natural ingredients. Sweet dreams tea was made to relax and refresh you for a long, sound night's sleep and an evening of relaxation leading up to it.
- Made with 100% natural ingredients
- 100% naturally caffeine-free, so that you don't have to worry about too much energy
- Created with a soothing combination of spearmint, chamomile, spices, rose blossoms, and orange blossoms to calm you and relax your mind
- Wrapped individually to help the tea retain its flavor and potency
- Has a nice touch of hibiscus and peppermint leaves as well
- Only comes with 20 tea bags per box instead of 40
Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night tea is another premium tea that will help you achieve a good night's rest.
It comes with 6 boxes of tea, which have 16 tea bags in each box.
All of the ingredients used in this tea are Non-GMO verified and are certified organic.
36% of all of the ingredients that go into making this tea are fair trade and this tea is totally Kosher.
- Comes in bulk with 96 total packages of tea
- 100% organic ingredients
- Non-GMO verified tea
- A relaxing blend of warm citrus, herbal, and minty flavors
- Uses the highest quality pharmacopoeial grade herbs
- Some users report an unusual taste and odd odor when drinking this tea.
Tea, at very least, is an excellent way to get yourself relaxed for a quality night's sleep.
At most, the best bedtime teas has valuable herbs and compounds that will help you reduce stress and relax to overcome symptoms of your insomnia.